Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pizza



Well to my mother's amazement, me an Dan have really gotten into cooking. It's not that I didn't like to cook before, I just didn't have time with all the dancing going on. We are both big fans of the Food Network, especially the show "Good Eats" with Alton Brown. He did a show on homemade pizza which started us on a long road of figuring out how to make the most delicious pizza ever. Many people invest in pizza stones from Bed Bath and Beyond of Pampered Chef. Alton Brown offered a better cheaper option. The problem with pizza stones is if they break your out $20-$100 depending on what you spent on it. He suggested picking up unglazed quarry tiles, they are like 50 cents a tile and if one breaks, you just go pick up another one no biggie. The biggest challenge was finding the dang tiles. We looked everywhere! We finally found them at Daltile. We picked up twelve 6x6's for $8. We also bought a pizza peel (you know the boards you see restaurants use to put in and take out pizza's) at Williams Sonoma. We just made the perfect pizza and think we may be ready for football season! As always Christian loves to be right in the action with me and Dan when we are in the kitchen, here are some cute pics of him "helping."

1 comments:

Effie said...

Yeah! I LOVE Alton Brown! I hadn't seen the pizza one so I told my husband about it. We're definitely going to see if we can find those tiles....sounds like it will be tricky though. You are so cute! And so are your kids! I sure miss you!