Remember that post back in June about the cabin and the Duckwitz family reunion? Well I have a story attached to the getting-ready-for-that-trip that I think you may find amusing.
Everyone knows how crazy it is to get ready for a trip especially when you have kids. I was having an especially crazy day and my visiting teachers were due to visit that morning. I was hurrying back from a store to meet them and just barely made it. I invited them in and the boys were begging to go ride trucks out on the deck, so I took them out while my v.t.'s waited in the living room. I got the boys settled out on the deck, Christian kept bumping his truck he was riding into Evan's truck because it made Evan giggle. The only problem is it kept knocking Evan's truck back a little bit each time. I told Christian stop doing that you are going to knock him down the stairs. And being in the rush I was, went back to the v.t.'s Well about 30 seconds later I hear a huge crash down the stairs and Evan starts to cry, in my panic I throw my hands up in the air and scream "OH SH--!!!!", yes- right in from of the v.t.'s. I run to the back porch and find Evan still on his truck laying side ways at the bottom of the stairs. I practically jumped down the stairs grabbed the kid and started searching every part of him to make sure he wasn't severely hurt. We got lucky, and the only damage was a few scraps on his neck, shoulder, and cheek- not even a goose bump on his head! After I knew he was okay I realized that I just swore in front of my v.t.'s... I was mortified! Who does that, oh wait... apparently I do! I went up the stairs and promptly put Christian into time out walked into the living room and said, "He's okay, sorry for the swears." The End.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
An Imperfect Moment
Posted by Beth at 4:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
bwah ha ha! That's funny. but sad. Poor kid. Glad he's o.k.
LOL. Dude, I'm totally a cusser and I think most people know it! I would do something like that. :) The funny part about it is, they will probably like you more and think you are just human like the rest of us!
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Good thing he was okay. I'm sure your VT will get over it. HA.
Post a Comment