Before we had kids me and Dan were pretty spontaneous people... with the kids that usually is not the case any more. But a few weeks ago around lunch time Dan said "lets go camping!" and I said "okay, when?" and he said, "today after work" I freaked out and flew into high gear to get everything together. Thankfully we've been camping enough that everything was pretty much packed in boxes. I was excited because we didn't have a chance to go camping last summer and we haven't been this summer, and Evan has never been camping. We decided to head up south fork, and about half way up we realized they were no fire signs posted along the road. So we flipped around and headed up to hope camp ground instead. It was full. But we would not be beaten, we kept driving up until we finally found a spot, not the most ideal spot- but hey, it's only for one night.
Immediately the boys began to get as dirty as possible, they loved it- Evan probably ate about a 1/2 cup of dirt, ew, sick! I can't keep him from doing it, the worst part about it is hearing him grind the little rocks between his teeth- yuck!
Dan the man set up the tent. The boys were psyched, because even though we hadn't been camping we did set up the tent in our living room for a few days just to play in it- sorry if you think that's weird, we think it's fun.
Cooking dinner over the fire. Evan just learned how to blow, so the whole time Dan is making the fire and blowing on the fire to get it go, Evan was right by his side blowing to his heart content. :)
If you have a little chair like this I highly recommend bringing it camping- so much easier to feed the little one.
Christian, I believe, was truly in little boy heaven! After eating his hot dog we roasted marshmallows, he kicked back in his chair and ate each marshmallow at a leisurely pace all the while saying "I lovvvve camping!"
Even though it was a quick trip, we sure enjoyed our time, we're hoping we can squeeze at least one more in between Dan's Pimpernel rehearsals.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Camping :)
Posted by Beth at 7:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is so cute! Those little boys of yours are getting so handsome! Way to perservere (spell?), and find a place to camp! and for being a bit spontaneous even though it is SUPER stressful to sometimes.
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment