Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mohawks and First days of school

Well I can't believe that I have a kid old enough to go to preschool! About a month ago I was telling Christian about preschool and he got really sad and said "Mom you leave me?" I was shocked that that would even bother him since we have been going to nursery for forever. After a lot of "getting pumped for preschool" talks, a preschool preview day and a new hair cut and new back pack, (see below) the first day arrived. We drove to preschool, he seemed pretty excited but I thought for sure he would be sad when the time for the two of us to separate. We walk in and I bend down to give him a hug to realize he's already walked in saying "See ya later Mom!" I should have been happy that everything worked out all well, guess I forgot to prep myself emotionally because I was a little sad, ha! But we love preschool, Christian is learning a lot and loves his teacher and me and Evan get to have some time together just the two of us.

Christian's teacher does Creative Thinking pages where she asked the kids some questions about what they have learned and writes down their answers. Here's a fun one they did on the sense of smell.

-What do you think smells good? muffins
-What do you think smells bad? potatoes (very funny answer because Christian really, really, really hates potatoes!)
-Whom smells the best in your family? pancakes (I made pancakes for breakfast that morning)
-Who doesn't smell so good in your family? Evan (ha, ha!)
-What does mom cook that smells so delicious? pancakes (apparently I make a mean pancake)




I am a pansy and I do not cut my boys hair because I am scared to- Dan cuts the boys hair. And he decided to emphasize the two cowlicks on the back of his head. What do you think? Kind of fun, I think :)

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Sweet mohawk!

Vanessa Goertzen said...

So cute! I can't believe he is already going to school!